🔎

• 3

• 1468

do you think that I could use venison steaks for this recipe instead of beef tenderloin?

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Porcini and Rosemary Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine Sauce" from TasteFood. It says:

"Season the tenderloin all over with salt. Refrigerate 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Thirty minutes before roasting remove beef from refrigerator."

Do you think that this would work for venison instead of beef tenderloin? I was thinking it might be better to marinate the venison instead of drying it out like the beef, since it can be tough (so little fat). I have venison and so was wondering about trying it.

I'm certainly not author of the recipe, though I love it. But wow! I think your idea is fantastic. And I very much agree with the logic of marinating you venison.

036

I just happen to have cooked a wine marinated venison tenderloin last night! Not this recipe - but it came out great - I think you are on the right track!!!

JORJ added over 2 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement! I may just use the sauce recipe and ditch the crusty outside...