A question about a recipe: Cream Cheese Cookies

110920_35_1

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Cream Cheese Cookies" from merrill. It says:

" Using a standing mixer or hand beaters, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. "

I don't have ANY mixer (I know, I know). For many recipes, I find I can sub in my food processor. Would it work for this one?

asked by esgray over 2 years ago
3-bizcard

You can also use a wire whisk. Mimics the whisks of an electric mixer and you get a good arm workout.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

I grew up making virtually everything by hand (whisk, wooden spoon, spatula, only). I'd use the whisk for this, and would whisk it vigorously for five minutes. Make sure everything is at room temperature before you start! I definitely would not use the food processor. ;o)

Dsc00859_2

I have a stand and a hand mixer, and still at times mix batters or doughs by hand. For one thing, I just like the wooden spoon-creaming the sugar and butter thing. If ingredients are at room temp, beside the other benefits (good rise, even baking), it should go pretty smoothly.

Dsc00859_2

plus it's less finicky to clean just a bowl and spoon or whisk...