🔎

A question about a recipe: Cream Cheese Cookies

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Cream Cheese Cookies" from merrill. It says:

" Using a standing mixer or hand beaters, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. "

I don't have ANY mixer (I know, I know). For many recipes, I find I can sub in my food processor. Would it work for this one?

110920_35_1
Me
Kandm

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

Voted the Best Answer!

I think doing it by hand with a wooden spoon or a silicone spatula might work better than using your food processor.

3-bizcard

You can also use a wire whisk. Mimics the whisks of an electric mixer and you get a good arm workout.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

I grew up making virtually everything by hand (whisk, wooden spoon, spatula, only). I'd use the whisk for this, and would whisk it vigorously for five minutes. Make sure everything is at room temperature before you start! I definitely would not use the food processor. ;o)

Dsc00859_2
creamtea added over 2 years ago

I have a stand and a hand mixer, and still at times mix batters or doughs by hand. For one thing, I just like the wooden spoon-creaming the sugar and butter thing. If ingredients are at room temp, beside the other benefits (good rise, even baking), it should go pretty smoothly.

Dsc00859_2
creamtea added over 2 years ago

plus it's less finicky to clean just a bowl and spoon or whisk...