🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: Florentine Fennel Gratin

52_thumb

I have a question about the recipe "Florentine Fennel Gratin" from AntoniaJames. The ingredients list calls for 2T olive oil. Is the olive oil added to the butter when creating the bechamel? Or is there a step I'm missing? Is the fennel sauteed in olive oil before baking or baked from a raw state? I'm really looking forward to making this dish with dinner. It looks fab! Thanks all, especially AntoniaJames!

asked by A_to_the_Zed almost 3 years ago
New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Thanks for pointing this out. Several ingredients and several instructions were left out entirely when I tried to post this, and when I went in to edit it, only a subset of my edits made it into the published recipe. Anyway, an entire step was left out. I just edited the recipe again, to insert new Step 3: *** Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat; when it starts to shimmer, add the sliced fennel. Saute for about two minutes. Then add the chopped fennel stalks. Cook, stirring frequently, until the slices are just barely soft. Remove from pan. *** The rest should be complete. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I hope you like this!! Thanks again for letting me know. ;o)

Thanks! I'm a huge fennel fan and your recipe is excitingly unique. We're looking forward to it!