🔔
🔎

Cranberries are available now. How long will they last in the freezer and do I need to re-wrap then?

I want them available during the year, not just the winter holidays.

asked by Paulette about 3 years ago
Pot

Cranberries last well in the freezer. Although you can freeze them in the plastic bag, I'd recommend putting them in a stronger plastic bag or container. (I learned the hard way - I didn't last year, and during a power outage, my cranberries defrosted and leaked red juice all over my freezer. Ugh!) I've also frozen cranberry sauce - that works fine too.

Pot

Jamie

I've kept cranberries in the freezer for about 6-9 months, and they still taste just fine. You can place them in a resealable freezer bag and take out as many as needed each time - most recipes call for fresh or frozen cranberries, just like with blueberries. You may get a little freezer burn on some of the berries, but in baked items or in a sauce, that's not typically a problem. So go ahead and stock up!

Dsc_0122.nef-1

I've hoarded cranberries to the point that I use up last years stash to make way for this years. They're ideal for freezing in a bag, just unzip count out your required amount of cranberries & pop the bag back!