🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Uses for Elderflower Liqueur

The current issue of Bon Appetit has what looks like a delicious recipe for oranges and cranberries with elderflower liqueur. I went out and bought a bottle of the liqueur for $40 but since the recipe calls for only 3 Tbs, I'll have a lot left over. There are mostly drink recipes for the liqueur on the sites I've visited. Anyone have any yummy food recipes that make use of elderflower liqueur?

asked by Federico_ almost 3 years ago
Dsc00202
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

One of my favorite cocktails involves adding a dash of Elderflower Liqueur to a flute of champagne or prosecco. Think Kir but floral -- so delicious. Not that this will help you work your way through an entire bottle!

Most of what you're going to find are drink recipes (some sort of ginger ale, tequila and elderflower drink sounds like it might be nice).
It would be good over fresh berries, or in a compote. I have a thought that it might be interesting added to sugar cookies or shortbread, but you may have issues with excessive moisture.
Maybe use some in a pie crust instead of vodka... I'm imagining a lightly floral crust for a very delicately flavored custard pie. Or add it to a sorbet? It might be nice poured over a little vanilla ice cream or added to a caramel sauce.

I agree with Ophelia, and would suggest adding a splash if you were cooking some fruit for anything, or you could possibly try soaking dried fruits in it before adding them into a recipe? You could try a food pairing site or book for ideas on what else you could add it to.

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Try it in a custard or pudding.

here's a yummy-sounding recipe: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Federicocooking

Yes, I saw this one on the site....I'll definitely try it. And thanks Esther, Ophelia, and Francesca for your suggestions.

Federicocooking

Denae_peters

I have not made this but it looks pretty delicious: http://www.mybestdaysever...