🔎

I made pie dough last weekend and kept it in the refrigerator. Now I'm ready to make apple pie. Is it still good to use?

Does pie crust really go bad or will it just not bake up flaky after a certain amount of time?

Dsc00202

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

I think it should be fine. Butter would be fine in the fridge that long!

jlyn added over 2 years ago

great thank you!

Check the color. If it looks blue-ish, that's mold, and you should (sadly) toss it, the first rule of the kitchen being Kill No One! If not, go right ahead. I've had to toss far too many, so I tend to be aggressive about freezing dough, then pulling to the fridge overnight before I plan to roll and bake it.

Adg_specialists_pictures_215
gt9 added over 2 years ago

I agree...roll, bake and enjoy!

Kyu added over 1 year ago

I think as long as it is the same color and consistency as when you first put it in. salted butter and/or salt should keep it well preserved for a few days. I made a pie dough a few days ago, I just took it out to make mini chicken pot pies, and was so dissappointed when I saw grayish/black spots on the outside of the dough! Had to toss it!