🔎

• 2

• 928

• See other questions tagged:
    • polenta

I have tried this recipe twice. Both times when I cut the circles to cook in the skillet, the polenta becomes soft, doesn't stay set!

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "Griddled Polenta Cakes with Caramelized Onions, Goat Cheese, and Honey" from arielleclementine. It says:

"Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into another skillet, set over medium heat. Using a 3" round cookie cutter, cut out circles of the firm polenta, and place in the heated skillet. Cook until slightly browned and crusty on one side, about 2 minutes, then flip and cook the other sides another two minutes."

120809f_509
Anina
Miglore

Kristen is the Senior Editor of Food52

Bummer! It probably just needs to cook a little longer to get nice and thick before you cool it. This is what the author arielleclementine wrote in response to another cook who had the same issue: "Sorry your polenta didn't set up- i guess i would recommend following the directions on your polenta packaging, since there are so many varieties. some may need to cook for 20-25 minutes before they get thicker and porridge-y. mine was done after 5, so that's what i wrote in the recipe."

Dsc_0122.nef-1
Panfusine added over 2 years ago

When I made this for the food52 potluck, I left it to set in a baking tray overnight in the refrigerator , it had the right amount of firmness (one notch above extra firm tofu), The cold pieces were then fried up as per the instructions They browned perfectly.