A question about a recipe: Meta Given's Pumpkin Pie

Food52_11-15-11-7824

I have a question about the recipe "Meta Given's Pumpkin Pie" from Genius Recipes. I'm going to make it tonight (unless you tell me not to). I love my usual pumpkin pie recipe, but I love the fact that I don't have to separate the eggs and beat and fold egg whites even more. Can I hold it at room temperature for 24 hours? Should I refrigerate it? Or should I plan to bake it tomorrow while we're having dinner?

400584_2795982053875_1473082837_n_(1)

Since it is a custard pie, I say wrap and refrigerate. Interested to see what Kristen says -- is it fine the next day? If not, I'd say it's probably worth baking off during dinner!

3-bizcard

I am also abandoning my usual recipe that I have used for as long as I can remember. I know you are supposed to refrigerage but I hold at room temp in the coolest room of my home overnight covered loosely with parchment.

Miglore

Kristen is the Executive Editor of Food52

The pie holds fine overnight in the refrigerator (I'm not kidding that I like it cold for breakfast, but maybe that's me!) but you'll probably want to take it out of the fridge at least an hour before serving to let it come down to room temperature. Hope you like it -- please report back!