🔔
🔎

Pie Crust...pre bake or not

Curious as to why some Pumpkin Pie recipes call for a pre baked crust and others do not....appreciate your comments

asked by gt9 about 3 years ago
Dsc00202
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

It really depends on the recipe -- some pie crusts need to be par-baked before filled and finished in the oven to bake the filling and brown the crust ... others are delicate enough to be baked through while the filling is baking as well.

Dsc00202
francesca gilberti

Buddhacat

My daughter the pastry chef blind-bakes pumpkin pies and other cream pies because the filling has been cooked beforehad. (No canned fillings in our house.) I blind-bake apple pies. Berry pies I can go either way.

Adg_specialists_pictures_215
gt9

Thanks all....Happy Thanks giving