A question about a recipe: Ciabatta Stuffing with Chorizo, Sweet Potato, and Mushrooms

111009f_430

I have a question about the recipe "Ciabatta Stuffing with Chorizo, Sweet Potato, and Mushrooms" from melissav. Am up to step 6, though the chorizo is still separate (I'm draining the chorizo on paper towels--used non-dried chorizo). Should I hold it this way overnight and add the browned chorizo plus pour the broth/egg mix tomorrow? Or just toss it all together in baking dish now ready for baking tomorrow?

asked by creamtea almost 3 years ago
Kandm
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

I would hold off and go with your first instinct. Better to be safe.

Ry_400

I toss it all together in the baking dish; that way the broth and egg get to soak into the bread.

Dsc00859_2

thanks! I did end up tossing it all together and putting in containers since I have no room right now for a large baking dish in the fridge. It's the best I can do; and it seems like a forgiving recipe.

Dsc00859_2

And it smells amazing even before baking....