🔔
🔎

Not a question, but a statement: thank you!

Just got home after a trying meeting that left me feeling frustrated and unloved (not to mention, underpaid.) And what was on my doorstep? The Viking Hand Blender I 'won' here many moons ago! Frankly, I'd sort of forgotten about it, so it was quite a surprise. Perfect timing, and an instant antidote to a crappy day. Who cares about clients, when I can puree?!?

Anyway, I can't wait to use it - I think I might break it in with fiveandspice's pear/pancetta soup. And bonus: I made a roast winter squash soup over the holiday, which my new-cook daughter loves, but was lamenting that she couldn't make in her (first off-campus) apt., due to rudimentary tools. So, now I can pass down my old - not nearly as good, but still functional - hand blender to her...so my Food52 booty is a gift that keeps on giving! Thanks so much! (And apologies if this isn't really the place for this.)

asked by amysarah over 3 years ago
84baef1b-1614-4c3d-a895-e859c9d40bd1.chris_in_oslo

You'll love fiveandspice's soup, and I personally believe that most everyone should make roast winter squash soup throughout the season. In fact, I was just thinking of a similar trade-up/hand-me-down arrangement with my own daughter. What a great bonus to have FOOD52 facilitate it for you!

F8c5465c-5952-47d4-9558-8116c099e439.dscn2212

I love passing off things to my son and daughter. Enjoy that snazzy hand blender, amysarah, and purée those blues away.

B3038408-42c1-4c18-b002-8441bee13ed3.new_years_kitchen_hlc_only

I'm really glad, amysarah, to hear your news so I am happy that you posted it!! No apologies necessary. Enjoy your fun new toy!! ;o)

53573b8d-4bf0-4ffd-843d-b2e617cfeb6b.dscn3274

I love the Viking Hand Blender! It whips cream, emulsifies and probably does more than I can even imagine...I too would like to thank FOOD52 for this marvelous gift! Please enjoy yours!

Seriously, so do I, and may I say that I am mighty jealous. I don't have a Viking, but rather an inferior brand. I'm not even sure what it is, now that I think of it. Nevertheless, I use one often at a beautiful cookware store where I teach evening classes, and I never fail to marvel at the power of its motor. You've many years happy puréeing to look forward to. Viking: I'll happily shill for you!

Cd4936f2-2555-42a6-bab6-b78ae625f4ec.img_3538

You will enjoy it!!! And so glad your day got better!

A64f0bcb-569d-43e7-b4db-4f21866cac44.farmer's_market

Thanks all! What a treat - a brand new toy! I sense a lot of emulsions in my future...