🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: Baked Pear in Lavender Syrup

Pears

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Baked Pear in Lavender Syrup" from Sydney. It says:

"make a simple syrup with the lavender sugar and water: combine the sugar and the water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until they dissolve. lower heat to medium-low and stir, watching as they create an intoxicating aromatic syrup. take off the hear and add the vanilla extract. "

asked by Terry Henkel almost 3 years ago
Lorigoldsby

Assuming you do not have the sugar "pre-infused" with the lavender seeds, you can just add the seeds and go ahead and make the syrup. The heat of the syrup will open the flavor from the lavender buds.

to make any infused sugar, simply take 1 c. of sugar and add your aromatics (lavender seeds, vanilla beans, coffee beans, OR herbs, etc.) and seal in a glass jar or even a ziploc type of bag. I find that I can use my food processor to finely chop the lavender seeds into my sugar. Lovely to use in tea breads and lemon squares.