🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Crispy Delicata Rings with Currant, Fennel & Apple Relish

112210f_304

I have a question about the recipe "Crispy Delicata Rings with Currant, Fennel & Apple Relish" from ChezSuzanne.

asked by Sherry339 almost 3 years ago

What is your question? A team of my students prepared this dish a part of their final project recently, and it was simply excellent.

Me

I'm thrilled your students were cooking my recipes and am happy (and always relieved) that it worked out so well!!

So sorry! My first time to ask a question... I wondered if you could use acorn squash in this, maybe cutting it a little thinner. Or would it be too hard??

Thanks so much for your fast response!!

Me

Hi! Someone recently asked if they could use acorn squash, and thought it would work fine, although I admit I haven't tried it. If the squash is on the large size, it might be difficult to be so precise on slicing though. So one of my thoughts is to slice the acorn squash in half along it's length and scoop out the seeds and pulpy stuff, turn them upside down so the cut side faces down flat on your work surface, and then slice in half rings.

Acorn squash were what my students ended up using, and they worked beautifully!

That sounds delicious. Some cinnamon and a tiny little bit of brown sugar. Maybe cranberries? Mmmmm
Thanks!