If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There seems to be a surplus of avocadoes lately in Switzerland and this is my go-to recipe to make sure they get eaten. It is neither too sweet nor too savory, and goes well with a cup of tea or with some melted butter on top. —yella
Makes 8 - 10 slices
- 1 1/2 ripe avocadoes, mashed
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then mix in the mashed avocado. Stir in the dry ingredients alternating with the buttermilk until just mixed. Fold in the chopped almonds and cranberries.
- Bake in loaf pan in preheated oven for 50 min to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean. Let cake sit for at least 15 minutes before serving. Reheat in the oven if you wish to serve it warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.