If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I lived in Hawaii it was easy to find Char Sui a Chinese BBQ Pork. It was used to season everything there. I especially liked it in fried rice.Little by little you find out what goes into it. I lived there for 4 years and eventually came up with this. - Fran McGinty
- 4 -5 pounds pork butt
- 1/4 cup kosher or rock salt
- 1 1/2 cups Dark Brown sugar raw if you can find it
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Red food coloring (OPT.)
- Cut pork into 2" X 2" cubes. Sprinkle with salt and rub it in. Combine all other ingredients and rub well on to the salted pork. allow to marinate 8 to 12 hours in the refrigerator turning once or twice. Thread on to skewers . prepare a cookie sheet lining it with foil. place wire rack on top. Then place the skewered pork onto rack bake at 350* for 30 minutes rotating after 15 min.You can just eat it at this point or prepare it for use in other dishes like fried rice,or in Manapua (pork bao) or This freezes well and can then be portioned into small bunches of 1/2 cup to use later.
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.