If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ward off the tale end of winter with a sunny trip to Spain! —Ginger's Kitchen
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift together both flours and salt. Remove 1/4 of the mixture to a small bowl and add the water, making a paste. Set aside.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture using a pastry cutter or fork. Once it starts to take on a crumbly consistancy, add the paste and mix well to make the dough. Once it gets too hard to stir, get in there and mix with your hands.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Roll out to fit an 11 inch tart pan.
- Place the dough in the tart pan cutting off any excess. Place parchment paper over dough and add pie weights.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups fresh kale, chopped small
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 ounces Spanish chorizo, sliced
- 1 14 oz. can cannellini beans, drained
- 4 fresh sage leaves, or to your taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, sliced
- Manchego cheese, shaved
- In a small cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chopped kale and and cook 5 minutes. Add the garlic and chorizo and cook another 3 or 4 minutes or until chorizo gets a little brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, puree the cannellini beans and sage unti smooth. Add salt & pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Spread the bean puree onto the cooled crust. Layer the kale, chorizo and red bell pepper strips. Shave the cheese on top and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Less Ingredients, Less Problems
Our favorite recipes with just 3 ingredients (or less!)
Our favorite 3-ingredient (or fewer!) recipes.
Get your kitchen clutter under control.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Storage made crystal clear.