If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The original recipe comes from a friend of my mother, Channa. I've changed a few of the ingredients. I might even squirt some extra lemon, or add a slight amount more of horseradish or smoke.... to taste —Retrowoman
- 1 cup Ritz crackers crushed fine
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 2 packets 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cans red salmon, skinned, deboned, dark meat scaped off. You'll have a plate of beautiful flaked fish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons white horseradish (jar)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, heaping spoon
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- preheat oven to 350
- Mix cracker crumbs and melted butter well and press into bottom of 9 inch prepared (with butter and parchment paper) spring form pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Lower oven temp to 325
- Beat cream cheese. Add eggs, one at a time, then sour cream. Add samon, lemon juice, horseradish, parsley, and liquid smoke; mix well. Pour into crust and bake at 325 for 45 to 60 minutes or until the middle is set. Run knife around edge to loosen after removing from oven. Set on cake/cookie rack to cool.
- for the topping whip: 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon white horseradish, and 1 or 2 good shots of Tabasco. You may either spread on top or serve on the side. Decorate with fresh dill.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.