If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sweet Italian squash tart has complex deep flavors, a buttery, flaky crust that's filled with honey bathed squash, surrounded by a custard like blanket and sprinkled with sliced almonds. - bellalimento
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- powdered sugar - to dust
- Place honey into a deep sided sauce pan and heat over medium heat. Add cubed squash and cook for approximately 10 minutes. Stirring frequently.
- Preheat oven to 395 degrees. WHILE squash is cooking, into a bowl whisk together: eggs, corn starch, sugar and heavy whipping cream.
- When squash has finished cooking, pour cream mixture over squash.
- Spray a 10? tart pan with cooking spray. Carefully mold pie crust into tart pan. Pour squash mixture into pie crust. Using a spoon, be sure squash is evenly distributed. Sprinkle almonds on top and dust with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until mixture sets up. Allow to cool prior to slicing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.