If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dessert is not too sweet but still addictive. It's hard to stop at one slice. The combination of maple and the delicata squash is like my two favorite seasons, fall and spring. —Krystal Ford
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Delicata Squash
- 1 cup organic cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 free range eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375F. Cut delicata squash in half, lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Divide the tablespoon of butter and brown sugar between the two halves. Bake for 30 minutes until flesh is easily pierced with a fork. Turn oven down to 350F.
- Scoop out squash into a blender (should yield a cup and half), add maple syrup, cream, brown sugar and salt. Puree until smooth.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time to puree. Pour into pre-baked pie shell and bake for 1 hr or until it sets.
- Allow pie to cool and refrigerate for 2 hrs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
Food blog links we love.
We've got the summer blues.
Are marinades worth it?
A better basket.