Author Notes: This started out as a Banoffee Pie recipe - a traditional banana and toffee pie that's popular in England. That said, I'm not a big fan of traditional crust. I am however a huge fan of Golden Oreos and felt that a tart crust and a pie that melts in the cookie crumbs ever so slightly was a winner! It's great for winter, very little fruit, and the oven heat makes this lovely sweet wafting of filling in the air. - lesley_ann_hadella
- 30 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk (2 cans)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 packet Golden Oreos
- 3 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 3 Bananas, large
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a 9 in pie plate (preferably ceramic) pour the condensed milks and salt. Place this dish into a larger 10x13 Pyrex dish and fill with warm water until halfway up the side of the pie plate. Bake for 2 hours, stirring each half hour. Cooked milk/toffee should be thick and caramel colored when complete. Set aside to cool.
- Crush cookies in a food processor and add melted butter. Press into a second pie plate. When toffee has completed baking, place pie plate into oven (still at 425) for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookie crust from oven, pour over lukewarm toffee. Slice 3 large bananas over top.
- Whip the heavy cream and sugar until peaks form. Spoon over top of pie. Refrigerate until set.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)