If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This started out as a Banoffee Pie recipe - a traditional banana and toffee pie that's popular in England. That said, I'm not a big fan of traditional crust. I am however a huge fan of Golden Oreos and felt that a tart crust and a pie that melts in the cookie crumbs ever so slightly was a winner! It's great for winter, very little fruit, and the oven heat makes this lovely sweet wafting of filling in the air. —lesley_ann_hadella
- 30 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk (2 cans)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 packet Golden Oreos
- 3 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 3 Bananas, large
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a 9 in pie plate (preferably ceramic) pour the condensed milks and salt. Place this dish into a larger 10x13 Pyrex dish and fill with warm water until halfway up the side of the pie plate. Bake for 2 hours, stirring each half hour. Cooked milk/toffee should be thick and caramel colored when complete. Set aside to cool.
- Crush cookies in a food processor and add melted butter. Press into a second pie plate. When toffee has completed baking, place pie plate into oven (still at 425) for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookie crust from oven, pour over lukewarm toffee. Slice 3 large bananas over top.
- Whip the heavy cream and sugar until peaks form. Spoon over top of pie. Refrigerate until set.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.