If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I acquired this recipe many years ago from a neighbor in Charleroi, PA who was originally from Yugoslavia. —Linda Sitar
- 2 cups Flour
- 1-1/2 cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (Chopped)
- 1 cup Butter, Melted (2 Sticks)
- 1 Can of Cherry Pie Filling
- Cream the sugar and butter. Add the eggs, vanilla, flour and chopped walnuts. Place half of the batter in a greased and floured 8-1/2"x12" glass baking dish. Add cherry pie filling and spread. Spoon the remainder of the batter on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares. Makes 24 servings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.