Author Notes: Laura Secord Canadian Cook Book - Karen T
Serves makes 15 small tarts
- 1/2 cup Raisins or currants
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pour boiling water over raisins or currants. Let stand 5 minutes and drain.
- Stir together butter and brown sugar.
- Blend in corn syrup, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice
- Stir in raisins or currants.
- Fill pastry-lined muffin cups 2/3 full
- Bake at 375 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden. Do not allow filling to bubble.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)