If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I saw this in BH&G November 2010 magazine and it looked so delicious. I am making mine a little more health-conscious though. I am also going to add a reducer to calm the rich sweetness of this dark tart. - Shannon's Sweet Life
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In med. saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove and add sugars; combine. Stir in flour and cool 15 minutes. Press into bottom and sides of tart pan. Make sure to cover all sides. Trim excess.
- Place on cookie sheet and line tart dough with foil with weight on top so as not to buckle the crust. Bake for 30 minutes. Use pastry brush to put a thin coat of egg white. Return to oven for 8 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool while making filling. Reduce oven temp. to 325 degrees.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 ounces Lindt 70% dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 lg eggs room temp, beaten
- Combine cream and milk in saucepan until simmering at edges. Remove pan from heat, add chopped chocolate and stir until smooth. Add sugar and salt then whisk . Let sit 5 minutes. Add eggs and whisk until completely blended. Pour filling into cooled tart shell and bake 15-20 minutes until filling is set and glossy looking. If bubbles or cracks form on surface, it is getting overcooked and should be removed. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temp.
- To make a reducer, I make stabilized whip cream. 1 cup of whipping cream in mixer until peaks form, then add 5 tbsp's of powdered sugar and 1 tspn vanilla. In a mug, I blend 1 tspn Knox gelatin powder with 4 tsp water and heat in microwave 20 seconds. Let cool 5 minutes. Pour gelatin mixture into peaked whipping cream and continue mixing until thick. Serve with tart.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.