Author Notes: My Norwegian Grandma used to make this tart with Walnuts, because they grew on her trees, but it is also very good using chopped pecans or sliced almonds. - Renee Cahoon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, or almonds are best)
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix sugar, cream and grand marnier in pan, stir and heat to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and mix in walnuts and let stand 10 minutes, then pour filling into pre-baked tart shell.
- Bake 30-40 minutes. The darker the color, the crisper the tart. If you want soft and chewy, take out when color is light brown.
- Cool on rack until set (about 10-15 minutes). Cool thoroughly before removing from the pan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Tags: travels well