If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a Delicious recipe passed down from my Grandmother. I would visit her in Wisconsin every summer for a month. She taught me how to bake and all of her secret recipes. This is a favorite of all of ours. We have it about 4 times a year. So it makes it extra special when we do have it. The crust is the most wonderful crust I have ever tasted and so simple to make. - jmhanks
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cups Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Saltine Crackers Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 21 or 30 oz Can of Cherry Pie Filling-depends if you want more cherries of less
- 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- Preheat Oven to 300. Beat Egg Whites, Sugar, Vanilla and Salt until High Peaks Form. Should look similar to a Merinque.
- FOLD in Chopped Walnuts, Saltine Crumbs and Baking Powder.
- Grease a Pie Pan. Pour mixture into pan and Bake for 40 minutes. The Torte will rise and may have a slight light brown coloring. Cool.
- Top with Cherry Pie Filling. Whip Heavy Cream and Powdered Sugar until Cream is thick and High Peaks form. Put Cream on top of the Cherry's and Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)