If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This tasty gallette is perfect for late winter. Rich hazelnuts add a toasty warmth to the pastry dough, while sweet fennel and carmelized onions make for a delicious, sweet and savory combo. Pairs well with a light salad. - AmyBizzarri
- 3/4 cups finely processed, toasted hazelnuts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut in pieces
- 2 bulbs of fennel, trimmed of fronds and cut into thin slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cups crumbled goats cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add the tart crust ingredients to your food processor. Pulse for about three minutes. Add COLD water a tsp at a time and pulse until the mixture resembles crumbs that you can form into a ball. Roll out the dough into a circle about 1/4 of an inch thick and press into a tart tin. Pop into the oven for five minutes.
- For the topping, begin by sauteeing the onions in olive oil on medium-low heat for about 20 minutes, until they are carmelized. Add the fennel and cook until tender, about seven more minutes. Add wine and reduce until mixture is almost dry. Add cream, salt and pepper to taste; stir. Remove from heat and and let cool to room temperature. .
- When the topping is cooled to room temp, pour into the tart crust. Sprinkle on the crumbled goats cheese. Bake for about 15 more minutes, until the cheese is golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)