If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Recipe handed down to me in Israel while I was living on Kibbutz Sarid. So many things I have done with the dough because no one can mess up if you follow the recipe.
Can be made as a Jelly roll and then sliced while still warm and it lasts for ever. Or use the dough to make your tart. What ever you do its a heavenly taste. - dolly
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine
- 1 cup soda water
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor.
- Roll out flat 1/4" , spread any kind of jam, nuts or what ever your taste desires. Roll up like a jelly roll. Place in a greased cookie sheet. If needed cut the roll to fit on your cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or till lightly brown. The jelly roll will double in size so leave room between to allow to expand and not stick together. With a sharp knife while still warm slice the jelly roll 1/2". let cool before placing in a cookie jar.
- The soda water dough can be used in any ways. Roll out and placed in any size tart pan and fill with jelly/jam or fruit.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)