Author Notes: Recipe handed down to me in Israel while I was living on Kibbutz Sarid. So many things I have done with the dough because no one can mess up if you follow the recipe.
Can be made as a Jelly roll and then sliced while still warm and it lasts for ever. Or use the dough to make your tart. What ever you do its a heavenly taste. - dolly
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine
- 1 cup soda water
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor.
- Roll out flat 1/4" , spread any kind of jam, nuts or what ever your taste desires. Roll up like a jelly roll. Place in a greased cookie sheet. If needed cut the roll to fit on your cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or till lightly brown. The jelly roll will double in size so leave room between to allow to expand and not stick together. With a sharp knife while still warm slice the jelly roll 1/2". let cool before placing in a cookie jar.
- The soda water dough can be used in any ways. Roll out and placed in any size tart pan and fill with jelly/jam or fruit.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)