If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspiration? The farmer's market, the kitchen, some brainstorming. The results? Delicious! For the tart shell - we made a basic butter pie crust, rolled it out and pressed it into the tart pan. You can use your favorite crust recipe for this. - Ginger's Kitchen
Serves 1 9" tart
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic - roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt (plus a pinch for the sage)
- 1/2 red onion - roughly chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 bundle of sage (a handful of sage leaves)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a large cookie sheet spread out cauliflower. Drizzle 2 Tbs olive oil, cumin and garlic over the top. Using your hands simply blend together to incorporate the oil and spice into the cauliflower. Place in the oven to roast for 40-50 minutes or until soften and slightly golden in color. Once roasting is complete remove from oven and place into your blender of food processor. Add remaining 2 Tbs of olive oil, salt and heavy cream. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, over high heat add onion, water and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Continue to cook until all of the water is gone and the onions are soft and just starting to caramelize. As they start to caramelize add balsamic vinegar and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes on low heat. Just to warm the balsamic but not reduce. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small saute pan add grape seed oil and place over medium heat. Once oil is hot (but not burning) add sage leaves, gentle turn sage leaves in the oil to coat all sides of leaves and to ensure crispiness. Once leaves are crispy remove pan from heat and remove sage from the pan and place on top of a few paper towels to drain any excess oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- To assemble tart: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In precooked tart shell, spread cauliflower mixture evenly over the bottom. Add caramelized onion over the top. Next sprinkle feta cheese over the tart and place into the oven for 20-30 minutes or until cheese starts to get slightly golden on top. Remove from oven and sprinkle crispy sage over the top. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns