If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Came from a fabulous cook, an old Italian friend of my parents. This is not only swooningly delicious but also gorgeous. —writejudi
For the tart
- 1/2 pound peeled whole almonds
- 1/4 pound pine nuts
- 1/4 pound toasted walnut halves
- 1/4 pound candied orange peel
- 1/2 pound yellow raisins
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom honey
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Sambuca
- 1/2 pound Amaretto cookies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the crust
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- powdered sugar for dusting
- In the food processor, pulse the nuts and amaretto cookies until they are coarsely ground. Put in large bowl.
- Add the orange peel, raisins, jam, honey, melted butter, vanilla, egg yolks, salt and Sambuca. Mix very well and set aside.
- Make the crust. In clean food processor bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Gradually add the flour and baking powder and pulse until incorporated.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time until the pastry is smooth.
- Put in bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill for one hour.
- Reserve 1/4 of the pastry and pat the rest into the bottom and sides of an ungreased large pizza pan (no holes on the bottom!) or into an ungreased jellyroll pan approximately 10" x 15".
- Spread the fruit and nut filling in the pastry-lined pan.
- Take the remaining dough and divide into six pieces. Working quickly, roll each piece in your hands into a long roll and form a criss-cross pattern over the filling.
- Gently attach each strip to the pastry at the edge of the pan and crimp the edges into whatever design you prefer.
- Bake in a preheated 350? oven for 30 minutes. Remove and let cool. Dust with powdered sugar.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.