If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Its a old family recipe pass on down a winter favorite when fresh fruit was always at hand ... - Miss Maryann
Serves 6 to 8
- 2/3 cup Warm Water plus 1 tbsp. Good Bourbon
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Halved Dried Mission Figs
- 1/2 cup Dried Apricots
- 1 cup Golden Raisins
- 3 Good Baking Apples peeled & chopped
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Put water & bourbon in sauce pan add cinnamon, sugar, figs, apricots & raisins cook over med. heat till sugar dissolves & mixture is hot remove from heat put in bowl chill for 24 hours.. then mix in apples, flour & sugar. make your favorite 1 crust pie dough roll out into 12 " circle mound mixture in center of pie dough leaving at least a 2" border fold crust up around edge pleating as you go leaving center open brush edge with milk or melted butter & lightly sprinkle with sugar. Bake 350* for 45 to 50 minutes till crust is golden & filling is bubbly. cool & slice servng with whipping cream or ice cream. delicious !!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Met Ball or Meatball?
13 not-Met ball(s) to eat not on the red carpet.
Met Ball or meatball?
A guide to fail-proof dinner parties.
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Sweet, ripened stone fruit.