If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Recipe has been in my family from generations... I'm from Poland and I have lived in Virginia for almost 10 years now. Last year I was finally able to have my mom here. We spend a lot of time baking, cooking and sharing recipes. This is one of my favorites... —itinnin
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour (divided)
- 18 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- 1 egg
- 2 packets vanilla instant pudding
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 packet Stabilizer for Whipping Cream
- 3 apples
- 1/3 cup raisins soaked in rum
- poppy seed filling
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
poppy seeds filling
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cans poppy seed pie filling
- For poppy seed filling: Bring milk with sugar to boil. Add poppy seeds pie filling. Stir and set aside.
- In food processor pulse together 2 1/5 cups of flour, 10 1/2 Tbsp butter, egg and 1/2 cup of sugar just enough to form a dough. Cover with plastic foil and put in the refrigerator to cool - about 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Mix with hands remaining flour, butter, 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla sugar, forming crumble. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 10 min. Set aside.
- Beat milk with pudding until firm. In separate bowl beat stabilizer, remaining sugar, cream and almond extract until stiff. Add to the pudding. Fold.
- Peel apples, cut into small cubes. Mix with raisins and poppy seed filling.
- Grease 12" tart pan. Spread out the dough and bake with pie waits for about 10 min. Cool down the crust, spread the poppy seeds and apple filling. Bake at 325*F for 30 min. Cool down spread the pudding mix and sprinkle with baked crumble. Cool in the fridge. about 1 hour.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Introducing the F52
Our family just got bigger, but you'll recognize some familiar faces
Introducing the F52.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
We love the new Rizzoli Bookstore.
It's in the bag.