Author Notes: I created this recipe for a local recipe contest which I won. Best made with fresh peaches but it can be made with frozen. - margie west
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place flour, butter, sour cream, salt and grated lemor rind into a food processor. Pulse until ingredients form a ball.
- Pat the crust into an ungreased 10" tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Bake 15 minutes or until set but not brown. Let cool.
- 6 peaches, peeled and thinly sliced or frozen slices, defrosted
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 - 2 sprig Mint, for garnish
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Arrange peaches onto cooled crust making sure to overlap. Randomly place raspberries on top of peaches.
- Combine egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and flour and beat until smooth. Pour over peaches and raspberries.
- Place tart on baking sheet and bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until custard is set. Cool on wire rack.
- To make glaze, combine preserves and orange juice in a blender and pulse until smooth. Brush on warm tart.
- Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)