If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this recipe for a local recipe contest which I won. Best made with fresh peaches but it can be made with frozen. —margie west
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place flour, butter, sour cream, salt and grated lemor rind into a food processor. Pulse until ingredients form a ball.
- Pat the crust into an ungreased 10" tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Bake 15 minutes or until set but not brown. Let cool.
- 6 peaches, peeled and thinly sliced or frozen slices, defrosted
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 - 2 sprigs Mint, for garnish
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Arrange peaches onto cooled crust making sure to overlap. Randomly place raspberries on top of peaches.
- Combine egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and flour and beat until smooth. Pour over peaches and raspberries.
- Place tart on baking sheet and bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until custard is set. Cool on wire rack.
- To make glaze, combine preserves and orange juice in a blender and pulse until smooth. Brush on warm tart.
- Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
The Spice is Right
Recipes that put a dent in that za'atar stash
Za'atar: the spice with zip.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
The knots you should know.
Have a ball (jar).