Author Notes: This is an old recipe from Cookie magazine (RIP). I've customized it a bit over the years. It's a flexible, simple recipe and so straightforward that my 5-year old now helps me make it. - MZG
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the bananas in a medium bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Pour batter into a buttered loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until bread is springy to the touch.