If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is combination of two recipe. I added the Almond filling recipe from Martha to the original recipe from Bon Appetite. - Fereshteh
- 4 ounces butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon flour
Apricot jam tart
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, chilled, cut in small pieces
- 2 eggs, lightly beatn
- 3 tablespoons ground amaretti cookie
- 1 3/4 cups apricot jam
- 1 egg, for brushing
- 1. In a mixer cream the butter (room temperature) and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend flour, sugar, lemon peel, baking powder, and salt in processor until combined. Add butter; using on/off turns cut in until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 2 eggs; using on/off turns, process until moist clumps form. Gather dough into ball. Flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate overnight. Let soften slightly before rolling out. Preheat oven to 375. Butter 9-inch diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Set aside 1/3 of dough. Roll out remaining dough on lightly floured surface to 14-inch round. Transfer to prepared tart pan. Trim overhang to 1 inch. Fold in dough to make double-thick sides. Freeze rest 15 minutes. Spread the almond filling in cooled tart shell.Spread the jam over the almond filling, sprinkle amaretti crumbs over jam. Roll out reserved dough to 11x6 inch rectangle. Cut into eight 1/2-inch-wide strips. Arrange strips atop jam to form lattice. Brush lattice with beaten egg. Bake tart until crust is golden, about 45 minutes. Cool at least 6 hours to allow jam to set. Cut into wedges and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce