If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been obsessed with trying an olive oil cake for some time. Instead of a more basic olive oil cake, I came up with this decadent version with cocoa and figs. You can probably use regular all-purpose flour if you don't have access to the blanched almond flour, but you might want to reduce the flour to 2 1/2 cups in that case...try it with the almond flour if you can, though- it makes a dense and delicious cake that meshes well with the chewy figs. —WinnieAb
- 1 cup dried figs, chopped
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder, preferably organic
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously oil a 9 inch springform pan with olive oil and line the bottom of the pan with parchment or waxed paper. Oil the paper and dust it lightly with flour.
- In a small saucepan, boil the figs with the brandy for several minutes, until the liquid has cooked off. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the dry ingredients (sugar through salt). Add the olive oil, mix well, and then the eggs, beating well after each addition. Add the cooled figs and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake in the center of the oven until a toothpick comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Put the pan on a rack and carefully run a paring knife around the inside edge to release the cake. Let cool for 10 min. Using a second rack to sandwich the cake pan, flip the pan over. Carefully lift the pan from the cake, gently peel off and discard the paper liner, and let the cake cool completely before serving with the optional dusting of confectioner's sugar.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fig Recipe
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
The invincible beer can chicken.
The chicest apron around.