If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was my mother's. It is around fifty years old. She would make the mini tarts for company. I would make them with her & would always get to eat one. I have made them a couple of times for a small get together. Yum! - wongy11
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold riced potatoes
- 3 ounces can chopped mushrooms with liquid
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cups heavy cream & the mushroom liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon instant unsalted beef boullion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon gound black pepper
- dashes garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon steak sauce (A1)
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- cut shortening into fllour & salt into medium bowl. with fork mix in potato. Put rounded teaspoons of the mixture in to each of 30 tiny tart tins. Press down onto bottom & sides of tins.
- In a small sucepan on low heat cook mushrooms lightly in butter. Blend in 2 tbsp. flour. Stir in cream cream & seasonings Cook until thickened, stirring. Stir a small amount of mixture into egg yolk. You don't want the egg to cook. Add it to the remainder of the filling.Cook a few minutes more. Fill each mini tart evenly. Bake at a 450 degree pre heated oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the edges are golden. . Remove from tins and serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Tags: freezes well