If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite dessert in the world might be the plum tart with goat cheese and walnut thyme streusel from Bon Appetit. This is my winter interpretation of it - similar flavors but a different structure and prunes instead of plums. - VanessaS
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 egg
- 6 ounces prunes
- 1/4 cup cognac
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese that has sat at room temperature for while
- 1 cup ricotta
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup honey
- Microwave cognac and prunes for 45 seconds and let sit at room temperature while you prepare the rest of the tart.
- Blend flour, sugar, walnuts, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom and thyme in a food processor until nuts are finely ground. Add butter and pulse until the dough looks like coarse cornmeal. Add egg and pulse until dough start to form large clumps. Press the dough into a 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom and chill for at least an hour.
- Line crust with foil and fill with pie weights. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil and weights and bake for another 15 minutes, until golden. Let cool completely.
- Blend prunes and cognac in food processor until smooth. Place in a medium bowl and add goat cheese, ricotta, sugar, olive oil and nutmeg. Spread filling in cooled crust and chill for at least an hour.
- Just before serving, bring the honey to a boil in a small saucepan. Boil for about two minutes, until the honey gets very bubbly. Turn off the heat, stir until the bubbles subside, and pour over the tart.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.