If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I became intrigued with using healthier food choices to satisfy my senses in college. This is a healthier alternative way of a Cheesecake that reduces refined carbohydrates and replaces them with complex carohydrates. I feel better about serving such ingredients to my friends and family for their better health. I choose to use the late winter fruit, Kumquat and a healthy Fig crust. The Kumquat is a fragrant citrus with white flowers. It is also packed with vitamin A and C. The fig is a naturaly sweet fruit that has a good source of fiber, calcium and potassium. I decided it was a good idea to add it with my favorite dessert, Cheesecake. Hope you enjoy this recipe! - ziba's table
- 1/2 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups Dried Black Mission Figs
- 1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed
- 1/8 cup Wheat Germ
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves (optional)
- Combine all ingredients for the crust in a food processor until they stick together. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a buttered 9 inch wide, 1 inch-deep ceramic tart pan with a measuring cup. Chill the crust well.
Cream cheese Filling
- 1 Egg
- 2 packets Cream Cheese (16 ounce total)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix the ingredients for the filling well, then pour into the shell. Bake for about 18 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Carmalized Kumquat (optional) - 4 Kumquats, 2 tablespoons Sugar, 2 tablespoons Water, Dice the skin of the Kumquats into small pieces. Put all ingredients into a pan a boil for 5 minutes. Take them out of the syrup and spread them on a large plate to cool. Set aside.
- Sour Cream topping - Preheat oven to 425 degrees - 1 1/2 cup Sour Cream, 2 tablespoons of Honey, 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice, 1 Pinch Salt, 1/2 of the Carmelized Kumquats, Mix all the ingredients well in a food processor except the carmelized Kumquat pieces. After mixing, fold 1/2 of the carmelized Kumquats into the batter and pour over the cake. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes so it sets. Sprinkle the rest of the carmelized Kumquats randomly on top.
- Kumquat Glaze - 6-8 Kumquats, sliced, with the seeds removed, The juice of 1 small Lemon, 2 tablespoon of Water, 3 tablespoons of Sugar, Boil all ingredients for 5 minutes, adjust flavors to taste. Keep the glaze on the hot side until ready to use or it may get to sticky to pour. Arrange the Kumquats on the outer edge. Drizzle the syrup all over the top. Refrigerate 6-12 hours before serving. Garnish with Mint and Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.