Author Notes: We are in Florida for three months and I needed a winter project. I decided to create some new recipes and one of my favorites was the Pear and Prosciutto Tartlet. My husband had a lot of fun being the "tester". - trrapp
- 1 Roll Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls 8 oz
- 1 cup Shredded Havarti Cheese
- 2 Slices of prepackaged Prosciutto finely chopped
- 1 Shallot minced
- 1 medium D'Anjou pear finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasonings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a piece of parchment paper on a medium size baking sheet
- Roll out the crescent rolls and cut 8 3" rounds. Reserve 1/4 c cheese. Divide the remaining cheese, shallots and prosciutto equally between each round. Place a layer of cheese on top of the crescent rounds. Lightly sprinkle the Italian seasoning on top of the cheese. Sprinkle a light layer of the shallots on top of the seasoning. Fan approximately 6 slices of the pear starting from the outside of the round. Place a small mound of prosciutto in the center of the round. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Top with a light sprinkle of the Italian seasoning.
- Bake from 10-12 minutes or until the crescent rounds have turned golden brown. Serve while warm. Yum!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)