If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have served this for over 30 years and always get rave reviews! I love it because you can serve it for breakfast, with fruit on the side, or for a light lunch & dinner with a salad. The secret ingredient in the quiche is the 3 cheese mix.
The pastry recipe was given from an elderly woman in Canada. I make the whole recipe, divide, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for up to two months to use as needed. Always nice and flaky! —Ann Sullivan
Perfect Pie Crust
- 5 cups whilte unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 16 ounces Crisco solid
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix together flour and salt. Work in Crisco with a pastryt blender. Crack egg into measuring cup. Add vinegar and stir well. Add enough cold water to make 1 cup. Pour into flour mixture and stir with a fork until it collects into a large ball. With hands, separate into pie size balls and wrap with plastic wrap. Use one ball for this recipe. Refrigerate the rest up to 2 weeks.
Savory Spinach Quiche
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup swiss cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, spinach (frozen is easy)
- Blend milk, cream, eggs, salt, pepper and flour in bowl with whisk. Lay pie pastry in quiche dish. Flute edges. Cook onion in butter in microwave 3 minutes or until transparent. Layer vegetables, cheeses, milk mixture 2X. Bake @350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until set and nicely browned. Let rest 10 minutes and then serve.
Tags: freezes well
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.