Author Notes: My brother and I shared a house in Tempe, AZ back in the 80's. We had a large, prodigious fig tree in the back yard. We experimented with many recipes to utilize the bounty of fruit. These became a favorite served as appetizers with cocktails. - MissSuzi
- 10 fresh figs
- 5 thin slices of prosciutto, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup good blue cheese
- Wash figs and slice down one side to form a pocket. Be careful not to slice all the way through.
- Stuff 1/10th (about a tsp) of the blue cheese into the pockets of each fig.
- Wrap stuffed fig with piece of prosciutto and secure with a toothpick.
- Grill on medium hot grill until prosciutto begins to crisp and cheese is warmed, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cool slightly and remove toothpicks before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fig Recipe