If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Just about anything tastes good on a piece of grilled or toasted bread. This is just that... and more. If you want to make this a desert, substitute a walnut/raisin bread and maybe swap the ricotta for mascarpone. This is just delish with your favorite bottle of red something. Me? I'd go with a Zin. - NomDPloom
Serves as many as you like
- 1 Loaf of good rustic bread of your choosing sliced thin
- 1 Container fresh ricotta cheese
- thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 carton mission figs, cut in quarters
- Really good honey (I use lavender honey)
- 1 bunch mint - chiffonade in thin strips
- good olive oil
- Toasted, crushed Hazelnuts (optional)
- Slice the bread to your desired thickness. I like about a 1/4 inch. Smear alittle olive oil on each piece and place on a cookie sheet. (or you could grill it if you want) Toast in the oven at 350 until just lightly brown.
- Put a tablespoon or two Ricotta (if making this as a desert, try mascarpone cheese) on the toast (I say a tablespoon or two cuz I don't know what size your bread is. You don't want a thin layer - you want it kinda big and gooey)
- Then, mound the prosciutto on top of the cheese, add the figs (2-4 quarters, again, depending on the size of your bread), and the mint to taste (I like a good finger grab full).
- Drizzle the honey over the top and sprinkle with the toasted hazelnuts. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fig Recipe