If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: i got this recipre from a local grocery store that was serving this tarte as a springtime brunch idea. we love asparagus in our family so i thought this one would be a great one to enter in this contest! —gail dollard
Serves 6 to 8 people
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 6 slices fully cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 packet (8 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped chives
- 8 fresh asparagus sprears
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1//2 cups half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- preheat oven to 350' F. unroll dough onto work surface. with rolling pin, for a 9 1/2 inch tart pan, roll dough into 12 inch round. transfer dough to an ungreased tart pan, gently pressing dough into bottom and up side of pan. run rolling pin over top of pan to trim excess dough. sprinkle bacon, cheese and chives over bottom of crust. cut tough ends from asparagus, trimming to fit into tart pan. place asparagus spears in spoke pattern over cheese, with asparagus alternately tip to stem. in medium bowl, with whisk, lightly beat eggs. add half and half, salt and pepper and whisk until well blended. pour egg mixture over asparagus. bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and set in center. cool tart in pan on wire rack 10 minutes to serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.