If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon, and adapted those flavors to this tart contest. In keeping with the late winter/early spring theme, I made sure the tart ingredients were available at this time of year. I added the chopped, dressed watercress on the top, as it is available now in my markets, and who doesn't want a hint of spring? - leslieleslie
- prepared pie crust
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 handful chopped fresh mozzarella
- 1/3 cup chopped smoked salmon (not lox)
- 1 handful watercress, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line small, oven-safe dish with prepared pie crust. Flute edges.
- Place chopped onion in a microwave-safe dish, cover, and steam for two minutes or less to soften.
- Mix eggs with milk.
- Layer the steamed, chopped onion, mozzarella, and smoked salmon into the tart dish. Cover with eggs/milk mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the oil and lemon juice, and dress the watercress. The watercress should be dressed with as little liquid as possible.
- When the tart comes out of the oven and cools a bit, top with dressed watercress and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)