If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pork and pears go so well together. The combination in this galette pairs them with tangy bleu cheese and sweetened pecans, with a little kick from the horseradish. —Sirbarney
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 - 6 tablespoons ice water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 pound deli roast pork, shaved
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 Bosc pear, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce bleu cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until coarse crumbs form. Add in the water, a little at a time, until dough comes together. Place onto a floured work surface, knead for 30 seconds to one minute. Shape into a flat disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- On a floured work surface, roll out dough into a 12-inch circle. Place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and horseradish. Spread onto dough leaving a border of approximately 2 inches on all sides. Top with the roast pork, scallions, and pear slices. Carefully fold the border over the edges of the filling to create a rustic crust. Place galette into preheated oven and bake for 30 - 35 minutes until cooked through and crust has browned. Immediately top pears with bleu cheese crumbles, let galette rest for 2 - 3 minutes to allow bleu cheese to begin to soften.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add pecans, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and brown sugar, stirring until brown sugar has melted. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, until pecans have become coated in the brown sugar mixture, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside to cool.
- To serve, cut galette into 6 slices, top with brown sugared pecans and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.