If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Back in the day -- OK, back in the Dark Ages -- when I was in college, one of my biggest treats was to go out on Sunday morning, buy a New York Times, and head to IHOP to eat cheese blintzes, drink about a gallon of coffee and read the newspaper. The blintzes were not true blintzes, but something between a crepe and a pancake, wrapped around a cheesy filling. I haven't tried these since I started making my own ricotta, but they're good with the grocery store variety. - Kayb - Kayb
Food52 Review: Being true to their name, Kayb's cheese blintzes are way better than IHOP! The blintzes are stuffed with a lightly sweetened ricotta mixture and topped with a bold combination of raspberry preserves and balsamic vinegar. A satisfying breakfast that's both light and filling. - broccolirose
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Whisk together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Beat together egg, milk and butter until well blended. Stir wet ingredients into dry, until well blended.
- Film a non-stick saute pan with oil or non-stick spray.Heat over medium high heat.
- Pour in about 1/3 cup of batter, to make a 8 or 9-inch thin pancake. Cook until brown on one side, about 1 minute, and flip to brown reverse. Stack pancakes on a plate and keep warm.
Ricotta cheese filling
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Blend cheese, egg, sugar and nutmeg until creamy.
- Divide among pancakes, and roll pancakes around filling. Plate seam side down.
- Heat preserves and balsamic vinegar. Serve as a sauce for blintzes.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta