If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 1 tart
- 1 onion - thinly sliced
- 1 garlic - finely minced
- 5 ounces yukon potatoes - cooked, peeled, and sliced
- 5 ounces kale (leaves only) - cut in a chiffonade
- 1 ounce chourico or linguica - cut into thin slivers
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper as needed
- olive oil as needed
- 1 tart pastry for 10" tart pan
- 2 tablespoons medium course corn meal
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Preheat oven 375 F
- Spread cornmeal on work surface and roll out pastry ( I like to use an all butter recipe) - incorporating the cornmeal into the pastry. Then press pastry into tart pan and place in refrigerator 30 minutes to rest.
- Place onions and garlic in skillet with couple tablespoons of oil and a couple tablespoons of water and salt and pepper to taste. Cook completely until tender and translucent but do not allow to color or brown. Then transfer to separate bowl.
- In the same skillet add kale with a couple tablespoons of oil and water and salt and pepper to taste. Cover skillet and allow kale to steam a bit, then uncover cook until tender.
- Mix together creme fraiche, cream, eggs, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Bake tart shell for 20 minutes.Remove from ovenand brush with egg. Return to oven for 5 more minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly
- Spread onion mixter evenly over tart crust. Then layer the potatoes over the onions. Evenly spread the kale over the potatoes. Pour the creme fraiche mixer. Then scatter the chourico on top
- Cook tart in the oven for 30 minutes or until set
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.