Author Notes: This is based on a stacked shrimp appetizer I had many years ago. It can be made year round and it's easy. - erkitty
Serves 4 as an appetizer or 2 for a meal
- 1 pre-made pie crust (the kind that comes chilled/rolled) or home made
- 2 teaspoons minced sundried tomato (the kind packed in oil works well)
- 1 fresh jalapeno that has been minced and seeded
- 3 thinly sliced scallions
- 4 pieces of cooked bacon that have been crumbled
- 6 medium sized shrimp that have been grilled and cut into thirds (grill on grill pan if you don't have an outside grill)
- 3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 dash your favorite hot sauce
- preheat oven to 400 deg.
- Spray a non-stick baking sheet with a light coat of canola oil
- Place pie crust in center of baking sheet and spread the shredded cheese to an even layer --leave a 1 1/4 inch border so you can roll the edge later.
- Sprinkle the jalapeno and tomato over cheese.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon on top.
- Fold up the enges of crust one section at a time. Each section folds over and presses into the next to form a rustic rounded and pleated edge.
- Bake the tart at 400 deg. for 12 to 15 minutes (every oven is different). The endges should look golden brown.
- Mix the sour cream, cumin and hot sauce together and place in a squeeze bottle if you have one.
- Slide the tart off the baking sheet onto a cutting board. Add the shrimp.
- Drizzle or squeeze the sour cream mixture heavily onto the tart in a wagon wheel or star pattern. Sprinkle scallions on top.
- Cut the tart with a pizza wheel and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)