If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: From the Kraft Food & Family Magazine. This recipe is easy and has a wonderful tart & sweet taste with its caramelized apples and golden crust. The recipe calls for a ready-to-use pie crust, but I like to use my own pie crust. - Ruth'sgirl
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 4-oz pkg. Jell-O Lemon Gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 8 " pie crust, ready-to-use, or from scratch
- Whipped Cream or Cool Whip Topping
- MAKE 8" pie crust using 1 1/2 cups sifted flour, 1/2 cup +2 Tbsp. shortening, 3 Tbsp. ice water and 1/2 tsp. salt. Roll out between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter in 10" ovenproof nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add dry gelatin mix and cinnamon. Cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Arrange apples,, cut-sides down, in circular pattern on bottom of skillet. Top with remaining apples.
- COOK apples on Med-low heat 20 min. or until apples begin to soften and gelatin mixture starts to thicken. Place pie crust over apples. Place skillet in oven.
- BAKE 20 min or until crust is golden and apples are tender. Cool 3 min. Using oven mitts, place large serving plate on top of skillet and carefully turn skillet over onto plate. Serve warm. Cut into 10 slices. Top with whipped topping or whipped cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.